The Importance of Before and After Photos
The before and after photos are an important part of your search for the plastic surgeon who will be best able to safely deliver your anticipated result. Looking at the before and after photos help you to see what is possible with a particular procedure.
Here’s what you should look for:
- Look for “before” patients who resemble you in the photos. Focus on age, frame, features and skin tone. These important characteristics will impact your results.
- Within this group of patients, which patient has achieved a result that best resembles your own personal goals?
- Note results that you don’t like as well and bring them to the attention of your prospective surgeon so that you can better describe your own aesthetic goals.. There is value in being able to show photos to the surgeon and note the qualities that you like and those characteristics that do not suit your aesthetic ideal.
- As you look at photos, you will want to be wary of results that are “too perfect.” Photos should not be touched-up or photo-shopped.
- Confirm that you are actually seeing the surgeon’s work.
- Look for a variety of outcomes from a variety of patients.
- And most importantly, look for patients who look like a better version of themselves! You’re not seeking to change your look, you just want to achieve the most ideal version of you and feel the confidence and joy of attaining your aesthetic goals.