Why Do Real People Choose Cosmetic Surgery?
Are you like the majority of people who just 25 years ago considered cosmetic surgery to be only for the rich and famous? Our culture has undergone a major shift in this line of thinking, and today it is not uncommon to hear a co-worker, a sister, a mom or a friend talk about her breast aug, a tummy tuck or a facelift. It is a shift toward looking the way your feel, and the accompanying confidence boost is significant.
Why Cosmetic Surgery? The Personal Reasons
In today’s world, men and women who choose to have cosmetic surgery see it as a positive solution to a particular problem. These typically fall into a surprisingly few categories.
- They didn’t think that age and gravity would change their appearance so much, so soon. In today’s society, our appearance gives our first impression, and aging related changes can have a negative impact on professional and social relationships when we are perceived as tired or angry. For many facial surgery patients the lift that accompanies surgery is not limited to appearance but carries with it a confidence boost that is priceless.
- They just want their body back! Joyful life altering experiences such as having a baby or significant weight loss can result in physical changes. Many people who would never have considered cosmetic surgery pursue it because it offers a solution to a physical problem. The surgery enhances their life and restores their self-confidence.
- They are tired of the limited options for their clothing style choices. Small or saggy breasts, a recalcitrant muffin top that refuses to respond to diet and exercise, and excess skin from successful weight-loss can be hidden by loose fitting clothing. Many just want to enjoy wearing stylish or tailored clothing that suits their self-image. A breast lift or tummy-tuck is a positive solution to a problem that hinders many.
- They have a specific feature that they would like to change. Perhaps it is a bump on their nose, the shape of their chin or breasts that are too small. They don’t seek perfection but want to eliminate that nagging feeling that keeps them from feeling their best. Cosmetic surgery can eliminate a flaw and help people feel better and more confident about their appearance.
Why Choose Cosmetic Surgery: The Practical Reasons
Today’s population sees cosmetic surgery as a more accessible solution to achieving their goals. Advances in surgical care, surgical technique and technology as well as the probability that you have seen the positive results on someone you know, help affirm your confidence in cosmetic surgery.
- Cosmetic surgery performed by an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is safer today than ever before. Less invasive procedures and techniques, higher standards for board-certified plastic surgeons, improved anesthesia and better protocols for reducing infection have all reduced the risk of a dangerous complication.
- Results today look really natural as well as fantastic. Advances in technique enable a well-trained, experienced surgeon to achieve a result that makes you look like you just returned from a rejuvenating respite – happy and confident.
- They see the positive impact in friends and family who have had cosmetic surgery.
- It’s more affordable for more people. While cosmetic surgery is an investment, patients have many more options for financing than ever before.
There are many reasons to choose cosmetic surgery to augment your life, and we know you have many choices when it comes to choosing the practice that will give you the attention and results you deserve. At Claytor/Noone Plastic Surgery, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, R. Brannon Claytor, MD, FACS and his attentive, knowledgeable staff will take the time to answer all of your questions and will provide you with the safest possible care and exceptional results. Call our office today for your free consultation.