Taking care of you with special care
- Posted on: May 28 2020
We look forward to welcoming patients on a limited basis, with new safeguards in place.
We hope that you have weathered this pandemic with your health intact. It has been stressful for so many. For us, it has also brought moments of joy and family proximity that we have not enjoyed in many years: two of our three children have been home with us for the past 8 weeks. We have cooked together, fished together, watched far too many movies, and even danced in the kitchen. We will miss them when all go their separate ways!
While maintaining the isolation mandate of Governor Wolf, I have also kept busy working as a member of the Aesthetic Society‘s COVID-19 Task Force. Our group has developed protocols to support a safe return to both the office and the operating room. As Chief of Plastic Surgery for Main Line Health, I have also spent countless hours meeting virtually with area plastic surgeons to create a cohesive plan to return to the business of caring for our patients.
Reopening the practice
The Governor is allowing physicians to once again open their offices beginning Monday, May 25th, and we are pleased to welcome you back!
Our first two weeks will be filled with surgeries postponed due to the mandate. We are also scheduling the following treatments beginning the first week of June:
- Botox and injectable fillers
- IPL, CO2, and Fractional Lasers
In the near future, we also plan to offer facials, dermaplaning, and waxing with Jess.
If you have a question or concern about an upcoming treatment, Dr. Claytor or our nurses will conduct a brief virtual consult prior to the appointment. Please understand that, for the time being, we have very limited availability for new patient consults.
If you would like to schedule a non-surgical treatment or request a plastic surgery consultation, please call us at 610.527.4833 or contact us online, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Applying the highest safety protocols
Having helped to develop national and local protocols, we are both deeply informed and highly invested in maintaining the safety of both patients and staff. Before coming into the office, we request that you read the following requirements and adhere to them to help ensure your health and safety as well as that of our staff.
Our commitments to each other
- The week prior to your appointment, please take and record your temperature twice daily. (Surgical patients will additionally be required to take a COVID-19 test.)
- A nurse will call you prior to your appointment to review protocols, symptoms, and adherence to social isolation requirements.
- Everyone entering the office must be wearing a mask
- We will be scheduling one patient at a time so there is no overlap.
- No additional people will be allowed to accompany you inside.
- Please call us when you arrive at our address; we will ask you to wait in your car until we can receive you.
- You will be greeted outside of the office by Melissa or Gabby, our amazing nurses.
- You will have your temperature and finger test oxygen saturation taken before entering the office. We will also ask questions regarding symptoms.
- We will then escort you to the office and provide your service as safely and efficiently as possible, with the same great care you’ve always received.
- Your payment can be taken over the phone or online to streamline the visit.
It may sound complicated, but we are doing our best to ensure that you can have the same trust that you are safe in our hands that you have always had. Please let us know if you have any questions: you can call us at 610.527.4833 or contact us online. We look forward to serving you.
Posted in: Our Practice