Your Free Consultation Checklist
You’ll have the best results from your plastic surgery if you have open communication with your plastic surgeon as you both work to achieve your realistic goals.
To help you both determine whether plastic surgery is the right choice for you, here is a checklist of questions to ask at your free consultation:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Are you a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have fellowship training?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- How many procedures of this type have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure and what results are reasonable for me?
Making the right choice for your surgery
Plastic surgery involves many choices. The most important is selecting a surgeon you can trust.
Expect the highest quality results when you have your procedures performed by plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. These specially trained doctors have at least six years of surgical training and experience, with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery. They have had to pass a written and oral exam and must renew their credentials every ten years (thus keeping up with new surgical techniques and the current research).
When you come to your free consultation, bring these questions with you, along with any others you might have. You can expect your plastic surgeon to answer your questions and provide you with the information you need to make a final decision about your plastic surgery.
If you’re interested in talking with a board certified plastic surgeon, you can request a free consultation with Dr. Claytor at Claytor/Noone Plastic Surgery or call us today at 610.527.4833 to learn about your options.